Programme Manager Latin America
Young Water Solutions (YWS) is a youthful and vibrant organization created in 2015 in Belgium that empowers young people in low and middle-income countries to lead the solution to water and sanitation issues in their communities by providing them the technical and financial support they need to create and grow WASH social businesses. After successful implementation 10+ ideation, incubation and pre-acceleration programmes in Africa, Latin America and South Asia that empowered more than 110 youth-led WASH businesses to improve the quality of life of 1.2 Million people, YWS is starting an operational team based in France, to lead the programmes starting in 2024.
YWS runs annually ideation and incubation activities in Latin America. You would be a Programme Manager in charge of the programmes running in Latin America, reporting directly to the Director, based in Paris. This is a role with responsibilities and growth potential where an entrepreneurial mindset will thrive. Main responsibilities include:
- General coordination of programmes, budget management and financial audit preparationLead fundraising efforts and the planning of future programmes in the region (that includes writing proposals, attending networking events)
- Conduct entrepreneurial ecosystem analysis and mapping in the relevant regions to support programme implementation and partnerships building
- Support organising and delivering online and in-person business training and coaching to entrepreneurs (together with local partners)
- Seed funding management for pilot projects
- Mentor matching and follow up of local partners
- Preparation of programme reports for donors
- Travel to Latin America for in-person training is expected (approximately 7 to 10 days)
- Take a share of the daily administrative, organizational tasks and external communications linked to the programmes led
- Other tasks can be required on other programmes or in collaboration with our partners
Profile of the candidate
- You feel aligned with YWS’ mission and vision and are keen on increasing your capacities to become a ‘’water entrepreneurship expert’’;
- You have a degree involving substantial business/social entrepreneurship, and/or water, sanitation or IWRM content that allows you to feel comfortable when coaching entrepreneurs in their start-ups development. Significant experience on these topics can replace formal education requirements;
- You have at least 1 year of experience in project management (a plus if this was in developing countries!);
- You have had international experiences, specifically in Latin America;
- You have experience giving trainings and/or coaching, feel comfortable and confident speaking in front of groups, and have ideally organized workshops or trainings before;
- You speak and write Spanish and English proficiently (French is a plus), being able to give trainings and coaching in both languages;
- You are open minded and enjoy working with others, including when this means remotely planning joint trainings with partners from other cultures;
- You are proactive and flexible. You are able to work autonomously and set your own priorities. You have the willingness to take increasing responsibilities and have outstanding writing and presentational skills.
Time assignment and location
An initial fixed-term contract is offered for a full-time equivalent for a duration of 1 year, ideally starting on December 1st 2023. Depending on performance and funds availability, the possibility to have a permanent contract exists. Information on wages can be provided upon request.
The job is based in Paris (working rights in the EU or France are a must). We value in-person collaboration within the team, but we are highly flexible with remote work. Candidates must be able to partially work from home.
To apply, submit your CV and a short motivation email in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 31st 2023. Some interviews may take place earlier as applications with a desirable profile are received, so we encourage interested professionals to apply as soon as possible.